Thursday 13 February 2014

Theoretical numbers

Is the CSM election really getting somewhat close? I joined EVE just in time to be able to vote in the last one, which means it is almost a full year. Go figure. Of course, I'm still reading more than playing. The skill queue is ticking along at least. I mean, the worst thing about good old Progress Quest was that you had to actually keep it running to "progress", and in EVE you don't even have to do that, just log in once in a while to update the queue.

Although despite the fact that I finally started Gallente Cruisers V and could leave it alone for three weeks I recently started to play a bit more than updating my manufacturing and a Dodixie run for materials. Mostly I just did play a bunch of level four missions in my trusty Megathron.

I played with EFT a little, and apparently a HAC with T2 medium guns can get better DPS that a T1 battleship with T1 large guns pretty easily. Although I guess if is spent that month training T2 large guns rather than T2 cruisers it would different. But cruisers are faster and more agile, and with Rubicon changes they warp faster too. While the difference is not that big for missions, which are one-two jumps away most of the time, it is the most boring time. And a blaster brawler somehow seems more exciting that a sniper battleship. Although most likely not more effective.

I looked around the planets around the system I base myself in. Apparently the effective tax rate for many POCOs is actually, even with three levels in Customs Code, lower than it was before in highsec, at just 9%, even before you factor in the lowered base costs. So I build a basic P1->P3 robotics factory world, because why not. I don't even sell those directly, just feed my production with it. Not a very efficient PI setup, because I can't be bothered to update it every day, and it eats quite a lot of P1 resources. I should make or find and understand a spreadsheet that would show what the actual good P1 price point is. But can't really be bothered to.

Also placed a buy order for some Caldari Commodore tags. The return on faction modules is a bit questionable, or at least volume is, but faction ammo and implants are boring. And since I do about one mission per day anyway I don't really need volume, just something to use up the LPs. I don't even blitz the missions, because I like shooting spaceships.

No comments:

Post a Comment