Tuesday 31 December 2013

Intermittent

Still not quite dead! Although I think I am spending more time reading about EVE than playing it. But I don't think it would be fun reading about it if I didn't play at least a little. Even if what I mostly do is push the skill queue and invent and manufacture mostly T2 hybrid guns. Not even enough to plex the account, just accumulating a little ISK so that if I ever actually want to do something, I could fit a ship to do it with.

One thing I did do is get an interceptor and fly to Syndicate to find a station with free material efficiency research slots. Rubicon changes make take much less stressful, even compared to doing it in a covops frigate. No bubbles! Although I saw on the killboards someone with much the same idea, and they still go caught in PF-346.

I still chose to go for it, because that one was hours before, and there were no kills noted since then. But apparently the gatecampers had nothing better to do, since when I passed the gate the exact same people were sitting there. At least they moved to cover the bubbles, so I jumped through without issue.

So now I got a bunch of blueprint with some ME points for Gallente frigates and some of the hybrid guns. No significant gains, since they are still not really worth it to manufacture themselves, and for T2 production the cost of T1 component is not really significant. But it is something.

Skill training continues in haphazard manner, as I don't actually want to commit to purely industrial character, since that would be giving up of sorts. I went for third level mastery on Thorax. Even though masteries aren't any more sensible that certificates are, it just seems neater. I wonder if sensor compensation skills, or whatever they are called, actually have any noticeable effect? Not that I plan on getting jammed, but you never know.

I passed through lowsec a bunch of times on my way to free-ish copying slots, and apparently low level anomalies, which were added to lowsec in Rubicon, don't bunch up there as much as I would hope. Apparently people are completing them, I guess.

Unfortunately I get discouraged from trying anything somewhat risky because my connection keeps randomly dropping. Usually for less than a second. I know this is not EVE fault, because IRC resets as well. Recently it got a little worse. Maybe due to lower temperatures. In any case, it is somewhat irritating when flying around highsec, in low/null it could be a really dumb way to lose a ship. And losing a ship though out-of-game event is somehow more annoying than otherwise. I wish EVE client-server could just reestablish the socket without full relog.

No comments:

Post a Comment